16.10.09

rooting back

Coming back to Vienna, to th house of my parents, is a shocking experience in itself. On the one hand, I wanted to kiss the ground of Viennas airport, just for seeing my home country again - I longed for the harsh rains, the incessant wind, the wholly unfriendly climate of mi patria. Sitting in the shade because the sun´s too hot for any kind of movement - that was once my vision of paradise. Travelling through Nepal, and especially the Phillipines, has taught me the value of a good cold environment - and the public spaces we managed to install in these. The contrasts are refreshing.
I enjoy the comforts available here - most of all I enjoy meeting old friends and colleagues again. That´s what the solitary traveller truly misses - a good friend of mine called the state of constant online communication while being far away "alone but connected" - a phenomenon not restricted to travellers.
Getting back to Europe is getting back to a society I used to criticize a lot - a society I can now see through completely new eyes. Defining my role in this one, after having spent such a long time on my own (in environments beyond my control) is not easy, but manageable - the whole flurry of opportunities paralyzed me at the start, but as the circumstances become clearer, the feverishly hazy view of my dengue-addled physique subsides - and life is back to it´s splendour.
I need to find a spot where I can continue my training and hone the skills Alexis so patiently taught me - A few options already have materialized, but a definite yes is still a bit away.

I´ll continue to post prose here, the travel-relation might subside - so turn in or tune out, at your leisure.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen